Posted On: October 15, 2020
Last Day to Apply: October 30, 2020
BILLING CLERK -
6-MONTH CONTRACT (POSITION MAY LEAD TO FULL TIME)
POSITION AT A GLANCE
Thanks to the rapid growth within our business, we are looking for help in our Billing department. Reporting to the Billing Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the billing data, accurate and timely customer electric and water billing, and retailer settlement and maintenance of water/wastewater billing records. As our Billing Clerk, you are detail-oriented and are excellent at prioritizing and organizing your workload. If you are a self-starter, enjoy analyzing bills and compiling data into spreadsheets, this is the job for you.
Based on the direction from the Manager and relative to your training and experience; objectives include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the MDM/R (Meter Data Management and Repository) provides reliable meter reading and billing data.
- Verify and correct any discrepancies or irregularities with the meter data for billing, including pulse data for interval customers
- Responsible for daily electric and water billing for residential and commercial customers
- Perform rate change testing and assist with the annual rate reclassification
- Initiate, monitor and verify all settlements of electric retailers
- Process EBT (Electronic Billing Transaction) for retailers which includes compiling EBT list (calendar) of daily cycles to be sent to the retailers, processing books to generate meter usage and generating EBT usage transactions
- Work with the variance report; review and fix the billing exceptions
- Process electric and water billing corrections and/or back billings
- Process meter changes, connect and disconnect service orders
- Run and process various reports to maintain accuracy of water records
- Follow Region of Halton’s best business practices for water billing
- Perform other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Postsecondary degree or diploma in a business/technical field or significant related experience
- Knowledge of utility billing practices and procedures
- Familiarity with Ontario Electricity Market Rules, Distribution System Code, and Retail Settlement Code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced computer skills in MS office which includes Word and Excel
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and mathematical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills; professional with a good work ethic and positive approach to work and co-workers
- Energetic and motivated with an excellent attendance record
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated interest in process improvements and adaptability to change
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
MORE ABOUT BURLINGTON HYDRO
Burlington Hydro and its employees are committed to delivering safe, efficient, and reliable electricity to the municipality of Burlington, serving approximately 67,500 residential and commercial customers. Burlington Hydro’s strategic focus is on achieving excellence and continuous improvement across all aspects of its business including: employee and community safety; operational efficiency and reliability; responsive customer service; and, conservation programs. The company is committed to maintaining a strong asset base through responsible financial management, system renewal and innovation to assure the availability of electricity supply to meet customer needs and growth.
Burlington Hydro maintains 32 substations and almost 1,600 kilometers of medium voltage distribution lines to deliver electricity. The company is wholly owned by the City of Burlington.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume, in confidence, to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org (please note ‘Billing Clerk’ in the subject line) by Friday, October 30, 2020. Burlington Hydro Inc. is committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
All applicants are thanked for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
October 15, 2020