President & Chief Executive Officer
Last Day to Apply: January 19, 2018
PRESIDENT & CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Grand River Energy Solutions Corporation (GRE) is a new joint venture company owned by Cambridge and North Dumfries Energy Solutions Inc., Kitchener Power Corp., and Waterloo North Hydro Holding Corporation. GRE is a non-regulated energy company focused on providing and promoting advanced energy technology and services in systems such as solar, energy storage, co-generation and EV charging stations.
GRE seeks an experienced individual for the position of President and Chief Executive Officer of the company. This position requires a strategic and innovative leader who will work with the Board of Directors and stakeholders to evolve and grow GRE for long-term sustainability.
- Participate with the Board in developing a business plan/matrix agenda which incorporates the goals and objectives that will move GRE forward and create opportunities for business development
- Recruit and develop senior leadership team to achieve business objectives with intent to grow the business
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with stakeholders in order to help achieve the goals of the corporation
- Monitor technology developments in renewable energy, energy storage, distributed generation, and adjacent technologies to determine business opportunities for GRE
- Develop and implement marketing programs and budgets
- Develop strategy for key project proposals to prospective clients
- Work with Board to secure financing partners for projects
- Execute on construction and operation of approved projects
- Closely monitor intelligence about competition and communicate with the Board of Directors on internal/external issues that affect the Corporation
- Evaluate the success of current strategies and provide and implement recommendations for improvement
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years of senior leadership or management level experience, preferably in the Energy Sector
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration or a recognized equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent understanding and familiarity with brand-building and brand management
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Strong customer focus, including ability to understand needs and apply this knowledge to the user experience and communications
- Strong leadership skills, exceptional business acumen and the strategic agility required to plan, lead and drive change
- Strong analytical skills required to make concrete, well-informed and thought-out decisions that support the overall corporation
- Must have a breadth of working knowledge and demonstrated proficiency in marketing techniques and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to execute strategic plans
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume including work experience, education and references to:
Steven McCartney, Chair
Applications must be received by Friday, January 19, 2018 @ 4:00 p.m.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. GRE is an equal opportunity employer. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process for the position to which you have applied and require a disability-related accommodation, please communicate this at time of notification of interview process.
January 3, 2018