Last Day to Apply: December 27, 2018
Communications Coordinator - Job ID J1118-1015
Organization: Utilities Kingston
Job Title: Communications Coordinator
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Utilities Kingston is located in Kingston, Ontario, equi-distant from Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa, where the St. Lawrence River meets Lake Ontario and the Rideau Canal (a UNESCO World Heritage site) – Kingston is a stunning, historic city that consistently ranks as one of the best places to live in Canada. Kingston’s 123,363 community-minded citizens enjoy an outstanding quality-of-life enhanced by superb intellectual, recreational and creative opportunities and supported by excellent health care facilities and municipal services, programs and facilities.
Utilities Kingston is unique in Ontario, combining water, wastewater, gas and electrical services and a broadband fibre optics provided in one company under the leadership of a single C.E.O. This shared services delivery model gives Utilities Kingston clear advantages in cost savings and customer service over other utility providers in the province. Utilities Kingston has provided the residents of Kingston with safe and reliable utility services for more than 100 years.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Communications, the incumbent will be responsible for accurately coordinating the implementation of internal and external communications plans. The incumbent develops and implements communication tactics that are aligned with the communications strategy. The incumbent will generate and schedule content for various online and offline communication channels, both internally and externally.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills to work with Utilities Kingston employees and external customers on proposed opportunities. The incumbent will liaise with graphic designers, print-houses and other content developers to ensure materials and images are aligned with communication goals. The incumbent will update and maintain the Social Media Management system and develop online and offline content for internal communications.
Education, Certification and Other Qualifications Required
• Post-secondary diploma or degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Business Administration or an acceptable combination of education, training and professional experience.
• Intermediate knowledge of social media platforms.
• Basic knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety requirements as it relates to individuals, the organization and operational requirements.
• Intermediate video editing and graphic design skills.
• Basic understanding of html coding.
• Proficient in all Microsoft applications.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, listening skills, interviewing and research skills.
Demonstrates exceptional attention to detail and naturally engages others to seek input and ideas and improve the success of communications campaigns.
• Must possess excellent organizational, planning and project management skills, and demonstrate the ability to determine and follow through on the actions required to meet an end goal.
Special Working Conditions/Conditions of Employment
• A Criminal Record Check, to the satisfaction of Utilities Kingston, will be required at the successful candidate’s expense.
Your resume and/or cover letter must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the position.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided as required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) upon request.
Utilities Kingston is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all designated group members. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the Kingston community.
Utilities Kingston thanks all candidates that apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply click on the link below: HTTP://CLIENTS.NJOYN.COM/CL4/XWEB/XWEB.ASP?CLID=74530&PAGE=JOBDETAILS&JOBID=J1118-1015&BRID=102266&SBDID=21531
November 27, 2018