Last Day to Apply: January 21, 2019
KPC Power Electrical Ltd. is a privately-owned High Voltage electrical contractor located in Whitby, Ontario, Canada.
We are an integrated ‘High-Voltage’ service contractor specializing in maintenance, construction as well as all aspects retrofit services for all types of electrical substations. KPC Power houses all specialties internally to professionally implement all work, ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
We are dedicated to improving the reliability of each power system we work on, while dramatically reducing unwanted interruptions. Our work focuses primarily on the Utility, Industry and Institutional sectors, industries where stability and reliability of power is extremely critical.
KPC Power Electrical Ltd. is looking for experienced Metering Technicians for our growing business. This position is responsible for providing accurate installation, testing and commissioning of meters for residential and industrial customers.
• Provide technical services in the areas of metering of energy management services.
• Installation, testing and commissioning of metering systems.
• Complete regular cross-phase testing and auditing.
• Experience with communication systems.
• Enforce safe work procedures are followed at all times.
• Maintain client communications, safety and work documentation.
• Ensure reporting requirements of federal, provincial and local regulations are met.
• Understanding of EUSA Safety Rules, Occupational Health & Safety Act, ESA Ontario Reg. 22/04, Utility Work Protection Code and all other applicable legislation.
• Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Able to troubleshoot electrical circuits with the aid of drawings, prints, and analytics.
• Positive, proactive and high energy level, comfortable performing all activities within a power system in conjunction with day-to-day activities
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex problems, adapt to new and rapidly changing situations.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, clients, and other contractors and members of the public.
• Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Detail oriented.
• Physically fit, able to lift various types and weights of equipment.
• Safety conscious and willing to learn and adapt to changing technologies in the industry.
• Clean driving record, minimum G class license required. Ability to travel throughout Ontario, including some overnight.
• High School diploma
• Post-secondary school education such as Electrical Engineering Technology
• Journeyperson, Certified Metering Technician (2nd/3rd year Apprentices will be considered)
• Valid Emergency First Aid and CPR certification
• Knowledge of MS Office required, PowerMaster software test equipment is an asset.
Qualified candidates can submit their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Applicants must be legally allowed to work in Canada. KPC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
December 21, 2018