Last Day to Apply: February 08, 2019
WELLAND HYDRO-ELECTRIC SYSTEM CORP.
Welland Hydro-Electric System Corp delivers power to more than 22,600 residential and business customers in the City of Welland with a history as a proven top performer in service delivery, efficiency, safety and system reliability.
Reporting to the Senior Engineer, the Distribution Engineer is primarily responsible to assist with the planning and co-ordination of activities within the Engineering, Lines and Meter Departments in compliance with all safety, regulatory, operational, and environmental requirements.
- Establish procedures and review and refine processes to improve departmental efficiencies.
- Prepare standards, evaluate new equipment, investigate problems, analyze and model the distribution system.
- Design, evaluate, estimate and coordinate distribution projects.
- Oversee the daily activities of the System Control room.
- In collaboration with the Senior Engineer, lead the development of asset management strategies including new technologies.
- Assist with the development and management of the Asset Management & Distribution System Plan.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- University degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years of engineering and operations experience within the electrical utility industry at a management level.
- Thorough knowledge of electric utility equipment application, system operation, engineering design and standards, and resource planning.
- Commitment to safety; understands, carries out and encourages the principles of integrated safety management.
- Experience with the administration of SCADA, GIS, and Outage Management Systems.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
Welland Hydro-Electric System Corp. offers a competitive wage and benefit package.
Applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume outlining qualifications, in confidence by 1:00 pm February 8, 2019 to:
Subject: Distribution Engineer
Attention: Director of Customer Service & Employee Relations
Please advise if any accommodations are required in the application process for the advertised position as per the Accessibility Act.
We thank all applicants in advance but only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act, all information is collected under the authority of the Electricity Act, and will only be used during the selection process for the subject posting. For further information about how candidates’ information will be used in this recruitment, please contact the Director of Customer Service & Employee Relations, Welland Hydro-Electric System Corp. by telephone (905) 732-1381 ext. 241 or by email: email@example.com.
January 3, 2019