Journeyman Power Line Technician - Apprentice
Last Day to Apply: January 25, 2019
Westario Power Inc.
Journeyman Power Line TECHNICIAN - APPRENTICE
Westario Power Inc. is now accepting applications for a Journeyman Powerline Technician Apprentice Level 1 or Level 2 who is directly responsible to the Line Supervisor.
Westario Power’s headquarters are located in the Municipality of Brockton serving over 23,000 customers in fifteen communities within Grey, Bruce, Huron and Wellington counties.
To be considered, candidates must possess as a minimum:
- Journeyman Power Lineperson Trades and Colleges enrollment certificate (completion of Level 1 or Level 2)
- Valid Class “DZ” drivers license with an excellent driving record.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills and be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with internal/external customers and electrical industry partners.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential duties in all weather conditions.
- Ability to read and interpret distribution system construction drawings and supporting documents.
- Knowledge of the Electrical Safety Authority Regulation 22/04,Utility Protection Code, WHMIS, CPR, First Aid and all other applicable legislation.
In addition, the successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to:
- Construct and maintain energized and de-energized electrical distribution lines, sub-transmission lines and associated assets by following instruction from trainer/mentor.
- Operate company vehicles as required.
- Adhere to the policies and legislation, which relate to the safe construction, operation and maintenance of electrical distribution systems.
- Must be familiar with live line work practices, rubber glove work, aerial truck and radial boom derrick as instructed by trainer/mentor.
- Report unsafe conditions and recommend ways of improving the safety of the work environment.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a detailed resume, including work experience, education and references to
email@example.com or drop of in person to 24 Eastridge Road, Walkerton, Ontario
no later than January 25th, 2019 by 3 p.m.
A competitive and attractive compensation package is available to the selected candidate.
Westario Power is an equal-opportunity employer. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please let us know how we can help you. We thank all participants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
January 3, 2019