Vice President of Operations
Last Day to Apply: January 25, 2019
Westario Power Inc.
VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS
An exciting and challenging opportunity is available for a results-oriented individual to be part of a customer-centric energy distribution corporation serving over 23,000 customers in fifteen communities within Grey, Bruce, Huron and Wellington Counties; office located in the Municipality of Brockton, in the town of Walkerton.
Corporately under new guidance and leadership, this senior executive position with be reporting to the President and CEO, and will provide strategic leadership and oversight of the Distribution, Engineering, Metering and Operations functions, through a collaborative management team focused on providing safe, efficient and reliable power to our customers.
The key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement, revise as required, and administer the management of the distribution system assets, their replacement, or expansion as system needs warrant;
- Develop and oversight of the Operations Department’s annual capital and operating budgets;
- Develop and administer a safe work culture and environment by following company policies and practices and any and all other applicable legislation;
- Oversee the activities of the Operations Department to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity is achieved;
- Lead and support technical staff engaged in the day-to-day planning, operating and maintenance of the distribution network;
- Ensure regulatory compliance and revise department policies and procedures as required; communicate changes to employees while adhering to current corporate policies.
To assure your expertise and understanding of the electrical industry structure, market rules and their impact on systems and customers, this position requires that you possess a minimum of ten years of senior professional experience and progressive career growth and training, University degree/diploma in Engineering with a Professional Engineering (P.Eng, CET, LET.) designation. A thorough knowledge of utility electrical distribution systems including their design, construction and maintenance along with a basic knowledge of accounting are essential. This dynamic individual will liaison with key stakeholders and community partners therefore demonstrated positive communications and same representative actions are integral to the success of this role.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit a detailed resume no later than January 25th, 2019 by 3 pm outlining experience and qualifications to:
Westario Power Inc.
24 Eastridge Rd. R.R. # 2
Walkerton, ON N0G 2V0
MARKED PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL
Fax: (519) 507-6777
A comprehensive salary and benefit package, commensurate with skills and abilities is being provided.
Westario Power is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all participants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates requiring assistance are asked to advise HR at the time of arranging the interview.
January 4, 2019