Journeyperson Power Line Technician
Last Day to Apply: January 31, 2019
Burlington Hydro Inc. is an energy services company in the power distribution business. Serving approximately 66,700 residential and commercial customers, Burlington Hydro and its employees are committed to delivering safe, efficient and reliable electricity to the municipality of Burlington. Burlington Hydro’s strategic focus is on achieving excellence and continuous improvement across all aspects of its business including: employee and community safety; operational efficiency and reliability; responsive customer service; and conservation programs. The company is committed to maintaining a strong asset base through responsible financial management, system renewal and innovation to assure the availability of electricity supply to meet customer needs and growth.
Burlington Hydro maintains 32 substations and 1,600 kilometers of medium voltage distribution lines to deliver electricity. The company is wholly owned by the City of Burlington.
We are presently accepting resumes for the following position:
Journeyperson Power Line Technician
Reporting to a Line Supervisor, who in turn reports to the Director of Operations, you will become part of a crew and be responsible to perform in a safe and efficient manner, all duties related to overhead and underground distribution circuits up to and including 27.6 kV.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Successful completion of Secondary School Diploma – OSSD or recognized equivalent
- The MEARIE Group (EDA/MEA) Journeyperson Power Line Technician Certificate (or recognized equivalent)
- The Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities Power Line Technician Certificate (or equivalent)
- Full certification in the Ontario Utility Work Protection Code (or willing and able to acquire within six months and maintain)
- Valid Ontario Drivers’ Licence, Class ‘AZ’ (or willing and able to obtain within 6 months); with an excellent driving record and a clean abstract
- Working knowledge of the Electrical Utility Safety Rules and industry safe work practices
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act and pertinent Regulations
- Demonstrated work experience in the safe performance of all aspects of electrical overhead and underground distribution system work, up to and including 27.6kV
- Demonstrated experience in the safe operation of all equipment and vehicles related to electrical utility work
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills; a good work ethic with a positive approach to work and coworkers; energetic and motivated with an excellent attendance record.
- Perform regular emergency call-out and on-call duties
- Respond to a trouble call; onsite within one hour of receiving the call
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR/AED.
- A level of physical fitness essential to do the work including the ability to climb and work confidently at heights; and the willingness and ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Ontario Certification as a Hoisting Engineer - Mobile 2 is an asset
Burlington Hydro Inc. offers a competitive salary and an attractive pension and benefit package. To learn more about BHI, we invite you to visit us at www.burlingtonhydro.com.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume to email@example.com by January 31, 2019. Applicants please note that accommodations are provided upon request. PLEASE QUOTE POSITION TITLE THAT YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL. Please note only candidates who meet the qualifications and experience for the position will be contacted for an interview.
We thank you in advance for applying but only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.
January 9, 2018