Journeyman Powerline Maintainer
Last Day to Apply: January 25, 2019
Centre Wellington Hydro
JOURNEYMAN POWERLINE MAINTAINER
Centre Wellington Hydro is a progressive small Local Distribution Company servicing the former village of Elora and town of Fergus in the Township of Centre Wellington.
We are inviting applications for an experienced and competent team player with exceptional mechanical aptitude, strong knowledge of electric circuit theory, interested in all aspects of constructing and maintaining overhead and underground electricity distribution systems.
Interested candidates must apply in writing to express their interest in the position, outlining their education, experience and related qualifications. The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Certification as a Journeyman Powerline Maintainer including successful completion of the MEARIE (formerly MEA) Powerline Technician Training Program, or enrolled with the Ministry of
- Training colleges and universities as a registered Powerline Apprentice.
- High regard for personal and public safety in a team setting.
- High level of competence in completing required documentation and reports on a daily basis.
- Valid Class ‘DZ’ driver’s license and an excellent driving record.
- Proven ability to work effectively and safely in a team setting.
- Physically able to perform essential duties of the position including regular on-call duties and the ability to reliably respond to emergency call-outs within twenty five minutes.
- A high school diploma with a minimum of Grade 12. A Community College Diploma in electrical technology or a related field of study is an asset
- Certified Master Electrician qualifications would be considered an asset.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply in confidence, by submitting a completed resume, stating education, work experience and references, by Friday, January 25th to:
Centre Wellington Hydro Ltd
(Subject Line: Journeyman Powerline Maintainer)
We thank all applicants who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
January 10, 2019