Operations Planning and Support Manager
Last Day to Apply: February 28, 2019
Our client serves approximately 39,300 residential, commercial and industrial customers in the City of Brantford and has been providing electricity distribution since 1935. They are committed to delivering safe, efficient and reliable electricity to their customers while offering the best energy and conservation solutions and superior customer service.
Brantford Power’s strategic focus is on building sustainable communities while making continuous improvements and investments across all aspects of its business, including conservation programs and responsive employee and customer service. The utility is wholly owned by the Brantford Energy Corporation.
Brantford Power is governed by a Board of Directors that has ultimate accountability for the overall direction and results of the Corporation. The board oversees the conduct of the business and the performance of management who are responsible for the day-to-day operations of the business.
The Operations Planning and Support Manager will report directly to the Vice President of Operations and Engineering.
This position will work closely with the Operations Manager and other members of the Operations and Engineering management team to coordinate planning and optimize delivery through the analysis of cross functional information.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to Operations Manager by working closely with SCADA, Engineering, Human Resources, Customer Service, Regulatory, and Finance groups through analyzing and reporting relevant financial and statistical information (actual vs. plan) for action and course correcting decisions.
- Plan and implement staffing and contractor schedules based on safety, capital plan, asset management, business demands, inventory demands and transaction levels.
- Assist Operations with use of staffing tools to create staffing plans for each workgroup.
- Compile annual budget preparation, compiling data from asset management system, Operations, SCADA and Engineering groups to develop the capital plan and Operations budget.
- Conduct monthly variance analysis of actual operational costs vs. budgeted; analyze data and create reports to advise Operations Manager on trends in their business so they can execute and adjust plans accordingly; Variance analysis to include review of Capital to OM&A spending impact.
- Provide monthly reporting on level of completion of key Operations initiatives and projects.
- Work with Human Resources to monitor attendance records and advise Operations Manager on corrective action
- Provide Operational support to Human Resources during contract negotiations
- Provide data retention documentation for Operations
- Analyze and support Operations and Warehouse to ensure they have the tools and resources to succeed in their functions.
- Provide support to Warehouse activities in the overall procurement process; Analyse material/equipment procured and make recommendations for standardization and optimization of purchases; Lead Operations efforts for tenders of services and fleet.
- Create monthly fleet management status reports to assist with maintenance and replacement of vehicles
- Provide quarterly status update on asset management inspections and maintenance plans execution results.
- Monitor and analyze Outage Database and provide regular reporting to Regulatory and VP of Operations & Engineering for business and capital intelligence purposes.
- Ensure Emergency Preparedness documents are current.
- Support Operations with periodic availability for after hours on-call duty as required.
COMPETENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS
A thoughtful and technically competent listener and leader, who understands the operations side of an increasingly technically complex industry while recognizing the need to deliver the corporation’s objectives within approved business plans and budgets.
Experience / Requirements
- 3-5 years operations management experience (utility sector an asset)
- Business or Engineering Degree/Diploma is an asset
- Internal/External customer service experience
- Proven experience with Operations related audits and analysis
- Exposure to the procurement process
- Knowledge of Health and Safety work programs principles
- Experience with Emergency Management is an asset
- Experience managing in a unionized environment an asset
- Knowledge of computer systems (i.e. Microsoft Office) and applications related to the utility sector is an asset
To explore this opportunity further, please contact Larry Sartor at 416-464-6856 or email your resume (filename - “Last name, First name - CV”), with “Brantford Power” in the subject line, in confidence to email@example.com.
Brantford Power is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all those that apply for the position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
January 31, 2019