Supervisor, Supply Chain Operations
Last Day to Apply: February 11, 2019
SUPERVISOR, SUPPLY CHAIN OPERATIONS
InnPower Corporation is the local distribution company serving more than 18,000 customers in the Town of Innisfil and south Barrie, located north of Toronto near the shores of Lake Simcoe. InnPower Corporation currently has a vacancy for a Supervisor, Supply Chain Operations. Reporting to the Manager, Distribution Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day-to-day relationships throughout the utility supply chain from an operational and tactical perspective in order to ensure a continuous availability and replenishment of stock through prudent inventory and cost control.
Specific accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Procurement and assembly of materials from work orders for use by construction crews.
- Maintain updated inventory records and counts in the Corporation’s financial systems.
- Develop, implement and maintain inventory controls to ensure safety/target stock levels are met, high turnover items and long lead items are ordered on a timely basis.
- Responsible for contract and tender administration and management.
- Management of all purchase orders from requisition to delivery.
- Analyze product specifications and determine the best source for procurement.
- Responsible for cycle counts throughout the year to mitigate discrepancies and back order issues.
- Responsible for full inventory physical count and reporting at year-end.
- Responsible for maintaining fleet and facilities.
- Prepare RFPS/RFQs/Tenders for maintenance contracts for utility assets including buildings, vehicles and other movable/immovable assets.
- Record and evaluate maintenance service provided by vendors and implement procedures to implement cost efficiencies.
- Post secondary education in a related program. Preference will be given to purchasing/supply chain certifications.
- Five (5) years of related experience in purchasing and inventory control, in the area of construction and maintenance, in a position with decision-making authority.
- Experience in the electrical distribution industry will be considered an asset.
- Previous forklift experience and ability to obtain licence.
- A valid Ontario Class 'G' Drivers Licence with an excellent driving record.
- Proven ability to establish, implement, and maintain strategies that support the Corporation in supplier performance, inventory turns, and cost reduction goals.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems, and meet deadlines in a cross-functional team environment.
- Analytical, logical thought process and meticulous attention to detail.
- Leadership and management skills to manage and supervise other support staff in the department.
- Effective communication skills across all levels of employees, suppliers and customers.
- Ability to work independently, use judgement and take responsibility.
If you meet the above requirements, we invite you to email a cover letter and resume by 4:30 p.m., Monday, February 11, 2019, to HumanResources@innpower.ca. Please reference “”19-03 Supervisor, Supply Chain Operations” in the subject line.
InnPower values an inclusive environment. Accommodations for persons with disabilities will be provided, on request, to support candidate participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
We thank all respondents for their interest, however only those who will be requested to attend an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
January 31, 2019