Last Day to Apply: February 18, 2019
Entegrus Powerlines, a progressive company dedicated to providing the highest level of service and a positive work environment, requires an Engineering Technologist. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Engineering, this position will design, layout and project manage construction projects, as well as liaise with customers to complete new service requests.
• Prepare estimates and material list requirements for the construction of overhead and underground electrical facilities;
• Prepare contracts and specifications for review and approval by supervisor;
• Design electrical and civil works, using approved specifications and standards (including USF standards), where applicable;
• Prepare electrical distribution layouts for commercial, industrial and residential customers;
• Coordinate work with internal departments, customers, contractors and consultants;
• Represent Entegrus at assigned project and construction meetings. Confirm work is done to specifications and is carried out according to all applicable policies and procedures, including Ontario Regulation 22/04;
• Collect and record all field and site information for all phases of a project including: surveying, elevations, legal fabric and as built data for GIS;
• Research and interpret registry plans, reference plans, plans of survey, draft plans, deeds and easements; and,
• Accurately perform underground cable locates as required.
• Education: Must have completed a three year Electrical Technologist Diploma and acquired a CET designation (or be capable of acquiring one within 3 years). Alternatively, a 2 year Electrical Technician Diploma in concert with at least 7 years of direct experience designing electrical distribution plant, may be considered.
• Experience: A minimum of two years job related experience in the industry is preferred.
• Knowledge: Must be proficient with typical office productivity software applications (i.e. MS Office). Proficiency with SPIDAcalc and CAD design software (such as ARC GIS or AutoCad) is considered an asset. Must have a working knowledge of contract law, and applicable industry construction standards and practises.
• Skills: Must be detail oriented, work well in teams and be able to discuss technical details with confidence. Must keep excellent records, and be adept at constructively interacting (both verbal and written) with other employees. Must have a good understanding of the electrical distribution business and have the technical experience to gauge and appreciate project scope and scale.
• Other: Must possess a valid Class G Driver’s Licence and an acceptable driver’s abstract. Must be willing and able to perform periodic after-hours underground cable locates on a rotational basis.
The successful applicant will be a self-motivated individual with the demonstrated ability to work as a team player and ensure compliance with Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations, the IHSA rulebook and company policies and procedures.
This position is a full-time union position based on the IBEW Collective Agreement. Current hours of work are from 7:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. The successful applicant must be available to assist with after hour emergencies as required.
All interested candidates should send their resume to:
Michelle Bechard, HR Generalist
The closing date for all applications is February 18, 2019. Entegrus is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain talented employees.
Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at 519-352-6300 or Michelle.Bechard@Entegrus.com. Applicant information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and will be used strictly for the purpose of candidate selection. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
February 4, 2019