Apprentice Meter Technician
Last Day to Apply: March 17, 2019
Job Posting EWU-19-01-012
Apprentice Meter Technician
(Maximum: $34.79/hr – Fully Qualified)
Reporting to the Supervisor, Meter Shop, the successful candidate will be responsible for the installation, design, maintenance and commission of all types of hydro meter installations. The duties include, but are not limited to investigating problems associated with meters, power factors, high/low voltage complaints, and communication errors; installation of voltage monitoring equipment; installing and removing current and potential transformers; wiring of back plates; analyzing metering installations; and installing wholesale primary metering equipment.
The hours of work for this position are 7:30am – 3:30pm.
The successful applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- Must be a Graduate of a two (2) year Electrical/Electronics Technician Program from a recognized Community College.
- Successful completion of MEARIE Theory Qualifying Exam with a grade of 70% or greater.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment that includes: heavy lifting, stretching and pulling, climbing to work at heights and/or work in confined spaces in proximity to high voltage in extreme weather conditions, year-round.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work independently and within a team.
- Experience providing customer service in a variety of challenging circumstances.
- Knowledge of the MV90 System.
- Valid Class “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence.
The Apprenticeship for the Apprentice Meter Technician position involves successful completion of an 8,000 hour apprenticeship program. The program is comprised of on-the-job training and completion of each level of the Meter Technician Apprenticeship Training program. Duties will become progressively greater with each phase of practical experience and formal training. Progression within the classification will depend on satisfactory performance on the job and successful completion of the Meter Technician Apprenticeship Training program delivered vie MEARIE. The incumbent will be assigned to work with various Journeyperson’s throughout the apprenticeship period and, with training, will be expected to work on and operate meter and metering equipment.
Qualified applicants may submit their resume to: Human Resources Department, 787 Ouellette Avenue, Windsor, Ontario, N9A 5T7 or email email@example.com up to and including Sunday March 17, 2019. Please quote file EWU-19-01-012. Resumes submitted electronically will only be accepted in MS Word or PDF Format. Although all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ENWIN believes there is significant value in the diversity within our workforce and we are committed continually enhancing and improving diversity and inclusion throughout our organization. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for employment opportunities and believe that strength flows from our individual differences and enables us to effectively serve our community.
ENWIN Utilities Ltd. provides accommodation in accordance with applicable laws through all stages of the hiring process. If you require accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please advise the Human Resources Department.
March 7, 2019