Station Maintenance Supervisor
Last Day to Apply: April 26, 2019
Station Maintenance Supervisor
A great career opportunity for a great communicator who is professional, has strong leadership and problem solving abilities, and possesses excellent inter-personal skills to interact with all employee levels and the general public.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Station Maintenance Supervisor is accountable for the day to day organization of the work force in the Station Maintenance department, to ensure the work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner. This position is responsible for providing front line leadership and direction towards the execution of Burlington Hydro’s substation system program. This position liaises with internal departments as required to ensure departmental objectives are met.
Objectives include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, organize, schedule, assign and supervise employee and contractor activities engaged in installation and maintenance of the substation system while ensuring work is being performed to Burlington Hydro expectations
- Provide safety leadership ensuring safe, efficient, and timely completion of all required tasks in accordance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act & Regulations, the Electrical Utility Safety Rules, and Burlington Hydro Policies & Procedures; enforced as required
- Ensure positive labour relations through proper administration of the Collective Agreement and company policies
- Provide direction, including establishing goals and training requirements, performance evaluations, and coaching
- Direct employees based on information received from Engineering regarding protection schemes for all control related equipment substations and intelligent switches
- Ensure completion of all work, progress, vehicle, equipment and employee reports and/or records as required
- Ensure correct installation, testing and maintenance of substation equipment and transformers; ensure maintenance and extended life of equipment and service reliability
- Other duties as assigned
The qualified Station Maintenance Supervisor we seek has:
- Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma or equivalent education and/or work experience
- 5+ years of Substation Electrician (Protection & Control) experience (Lead Hand experience preferred)
- Strong leadership and problem solving abilities; able to work independently, with a high degree of responsibility
- Able and willing to learn, adapt to new technologies, flexible when situations change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and a positive approach to work and co-workers
- Excellent safety and attendance record
- Excellent computer applications related to work
- Valid class 'G' driver’s license with a clean abstract
- Working knowledge and experience of Station Maintenance Electrician work
- Demonstrated commitment to high ethical standards
About Burlington Hydro
Burlington Hydro and its employees are committed to delivering safe, efficient and reliable electricity to the municipality of Burlington, serving approximately 67,000 residential and commercial customers. Burlington Hydro’s strategic focus is on achieving excellence and continuous improvement across all aspects of its business including: employee and community safety; operational efficiency and reliability; responsive customer service; and, conservation programs. The company is committed to maintaining a strong asset base through responsible financial management, system renewal and innovation to assure the availability of electricity supply to meet customer needs and growth.
Burlington Hydro maintains 32 substations and almost 1,600 kilometers of medium voltage distribution lines to deliver electricity. The company is wholly owned by the City of Burlington.
How to Apply
To find out more about Burlington Hydro, as well as other opportunities to join our team, please visit our website at www.burlingtonhydro.com
Qualified candidates must send a detailed resume and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources, email@example.com by Friday, April 26, 2019 (quote ‘Station Maintenance Supervisor’ in the subject line).
Burlington Hydro Inc. is committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
April 11, 2019