Facilities Systems Operator
Last Day to Apply: June 29, 2019
Cornwall is a beautiful, safe and friendly growing community. Cornwall is located on the banks of the St. Lawrence River in Eastern Ontario, and has everything you need to enjoy an exceptional quality of life. With a small town feel, businesses and waterfront minutes away from your front door along with new opportunities awaiting around every corner. Cornwall is located near Kingston, the picturesque 1000 Islands and is a short drive from Ottawa/Montreal. Cornwall is an affordable place to live and a wonderful region to raise a family. Cornwall Electric is currently recruiting for a:
FACILITIES SYSTEMS OPERATOR
Reporting to the Supervisor, Logistics, the successful candidate will be required to assist with the general building maintenance at the main Cornwall Operations Centre and Cornwall District Heating (“CDH”) plant. Responsible for buildings and equipment at the Operations Centre and CDH facility to ensure safe operations by conducting regular preventative maintenance, and inspections. Address areas that require attention and work with any outside general contractors to schedule and to make certain work orders are completed. Adhere to all Company policies and procedures and comply with all relevant legislation and standards.
The incumbent will also be responsible to help with the safe operations and maintenance of our CDH plant’s five (5) megawatt (electrical) co-generation facility. The facility consists of two (2) natural gas fired 3000 horse powered engines and three (3) 350-horse powered hot water boilers. This position will collaborate with the facilities team and any outside contractors/consultants in regards to installation, troubleshooting and repairs of the co-generation facility to secure safe and reliable electricity to local businesses.
We are seeking a candidate who has a great attitude and has the ability to function in a continuously demanding environment with changing and conflicting priorities. The successful candidate will require a combination of solid technical knowledge, maintenance background, willingness to learn, excellent communication skills, problem solving capabilities, and the ability to develop and maintain relationships with all levels of the organization. If you happen to be seeking a rewarding career, are flexible, an opportunity to work both independently (such as on-call requirements), be part of a collaborative and dynamic team with an attractive compensation package and more - we encourage you to apply!
The successful candidate must have the following minimum attributes, skills and qualifications:
- Certificate of competency as a Power Engineer (Minimum 4th Class) as per the standards set by the TSSA, which are required to operate within our heating plant.
- The ideal candidate will have at least five (5) years’ of related operational experience in a heating plant, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of all aspects of mechanical equipment and general building maintenance. Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor environment and when required, outside of normal operating hours.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and both oral/written communications skills (French an asset).
- An unrelenting commitment and passion to safety, ethics and mindset to strive for continuous improvement in the workplace.
- Practical knowledge of MS Office Suite; an understanding of SAP would be considered an asset.
- Ability to hold and maintain a Valid Ontario “DZ” license with a clean driving abstract.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 25, 2019. Indicate “FAC-SYS-OPER” on subject line. www.fortisontario.com We thank all respondents but we will only contact those selected for an interview.
The Company is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities and will work with applicants that request an accommodation(s) during the recruitment cycle.
May 29, 2019