Administrative Assistant (6 - Month Temporary Contract)
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Last Day to Apply: August 29, 2019
WATAYNIKANEYAP POWER PM INC.
Wataynikaneyap Power PM Inc., (the “Project Manager”) a wholly owned subsidiary of FortisOntario Inc., acts as the Project Manager of Wataynikaneyap Power LP (“Wataynikaneyap Power”). Wataynikaneyap Power is a licensed transmission partnership equally owned by 24 First Nation communities, in partnership with Fortis Inc. To connect remote First Nation communities to the electrical grid, Wataynikaneyap Power will develop and operate approximately 1,800 kilometers of 230 kV, 115 kV, and 44 kV lines in northwestern Ontario. Located in our Thunder Bay office, the Project Manager is currently recruiting for an:
(6 - Month Temporary Contract)
Under the general direction of the Manager, Project Controls, the successful applicant will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and clerical support related tasks; be extremely well organized, detail oriented, anticipate problems, flexible, and able to deal with competing priorities and produce accurate work. Candidate must have highly developed communications and customer service skills necessary in dealing with internal/external customers and stakeholders. In order to be successful the applicant must possess tact, diplomacy and good judgement/discretion when dealing with highly confidential and sensitive information to align with the Company’s Vision, Mission and Core Values.
This position will be responsible for a number of duties and responsibilities such as, but not limited to:
- Coordinate calendar management and monitor internal/external correspondence, scheduling and organizing meetings, prepare/records minutes, organize travel arrangements, and files and records management
- Prepare and edit correspondence communications including letters, memoranda, and reports
- Prepare presentations to be delivered to internal and external agencies and stakeholders
- Documents control: organize, file, scan, copy, and upload all documents as directed
- Act as an internal resource to ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures
- Travel to other FortisOntario Inc. locations may be required
- Other duties may be added or amended
The successful candidate must have the following minimum skills and qualifications:
- Successfully completed Post Secondary education in Office/Business Administration
- Minimum five (5) years in an Administrative Assistant role or related experience as deemed acceptable to the Company
- Advanced and proficient user of MS Office Suite to prepare correspondence, documents, presentations and to generate a variety of reports
- Ability to function in a continuously demanding environment with changing/conflicting priorities
- Experience with using MS Outlook, including task tracking, follow-ups, and advanced calendaring features
- Exceptional level of discretion and judgement with demonstrated problem skills and the ability to take initiative where appropriate
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their cover letter & resume to Human Resources by e-mail to HR@wataypower.ca. Please indicate “ADMIN-ASST” in the subject line. This posting will remain active until the position has been filled.
The Company promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We thank all respondents but we will only contact those selected for an interview. The Company is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities and will work with applicants that request an accommodation(s) at any stage of the recruitment cycle.
June 11, 2019