Human Resources Manager
Posted On: June 24, 2019
Last Day to Apply: July 24, 2019
Human Resources Manager
Who we are:
Util-Assist is a leading consulting company to utilities, with customers throughout Canada and the United States. Our mission is to develop simplified solutions that position our clients as leaders in efficiency, innovation and conservation. Learn more about Util-Assist at www.util-assist.com.
What we need:
Util-Assist’s rapid growth and expanding client base requires us to hire a Human Resources (HR) Manager. Util-Assist seeks an individual who is self-motivated, well-organized and possesses excellent written and oral communication skills. Reporting to the CFO, the HR Manager is responsible for the strategic planning of the company’s resources, company’s culture, as well as day to day tasks related to Human Resources, providing operational support to the following areas: employee engagement, employee relations, disability management, recruitment and selection, employee on boarding, training and advancement, health & safety, HR analytics, etc..
What the successful candidate will do:
- General HR administrative responsibilities, including employee correspondence, generating monthly/ annual reports, HR analytics, etc.
- Managing employee contracts.
- If needed, creating, and overseeing policies and procedures throughout employee lifecycle in the company. Ensuring both are administered accordingly.
- Supporting the administration of various HR programs, including the Performance Management Program, Certification Process, Yearly Review and Calibration Process, Mentorship Program.
- Supporting the Disability Management program, including workplace injury claims (WSIB) process, short-term disability (STD) process, long-term disability (LTD) process and workplace accommodation cases.
- Advocating and supporting continuous improvement of employee culture.
- Being an Active certified member of the Joint Health and Safety Committee and the Employee Engagement Committee.
- Managing HR budgets through partnership with Finance team.
- Drafting and maintaining relevant HR policies.
- Defining and overseeing the required employee training process.
- Defining and overseeing the new roles and existing department structures, making changes as the company evolves.
- Promoting Util-Assist brand and culture through the recruitment process.
- Researching and implementing new and emerging talent sources and identify methods for reaching and engaging candidates in a diverse and dynamic market.
- Coordinating and leading the full-cycle recruitment process, including drafting job postings, identifying recruitment strategies, advertising, screening, creating interview guides, scheduling and conducting interviews, extending offers, coordinating reference and criminal record checks.
- Facilitating the on boarding process for new employees, including arrival preparation and first-day orientations.
- Providing information to employees to enhance their understanding of benefits, pension, payroll, and other HR policies and procedures.
- Coordinating and leading the processing of bi-weekly payroll.
- Processing documentation and maintain accurate records as related to employee files.
- Participating in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Maintaining compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Performing other related duties as required and assigned.
- Knowledge and practical experience with employment legislations, e.g. Ontario Human Rights Code, Labour Relations Act, Employment Standards Act and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and sound HR practices.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders using a consultative approach while ensuring the delivery of high-quality customer service.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in identifying unique methods for recruiting and selecting.
- Exceptional administrative and self-management abilities.
- Detail-oriented and ability to complete tasks quickly and effectively. Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience in a human resources recruitment function.
- Minimum 3-year experience in a Human Resources professional role.
- Possession of or working towards CHRP professional designation.
- Solid organizational skills, including the meticulous management of multiple contracts.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
Individuals that meet the criteria above are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to:
Learn more about us at www.util-assist.com
Util-Assist is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
June 24, 2019