Intermediate GIS Technician
Posted On: July 10, 2019
Last Day to Apply: July 23, 2019
Intermediate GIS Technician
Lakeland Energy is looking for an energetic, positive, and innovative individual to join our team. With only a short commute to work, and an ideal work-life balance you’ll get to work, play and enjoy everything beautiful Muskoka has to offer, all while working in a challenging, exciting and complex environment.
- Configuration and administration of our ArcGIS Server Enterprise environment including publishing web maps to ArcPortal for internal and external users, managing ArcGIS Server security, versioning, backups, etc.
- Develop, maintain, and implement data models for the electric distribution and telecommunication utilities allowing for accurate representation of real-world assets.
- Establishing integrations and workflows between third party software applications and databases (SCADA, Work Management, Billing, Metering, field collection).
- Aggregate and analyze varied and disparate datasets to facilitate operational decision making
- Develop dashboards to dynamically display the status of a variety of operational metrics such as: asset inspections, outage information, customer connections, homes passed, market penetration, km of line, age of assets, etc.
- Input data from field collected data, engineered plans, as-built CAD drawings into various GIS databases
- Create mobile data collection apps and workflows
- Edit features within a geometric network, ensure connectivity is maintained and complete, and perform networks traces as required
- Model the fibre optic telecommunications network and associated splicing information.
- Design new fibre optic build routes, estimate construction costs and predicted revenue, develop scope of work documents for contractor quoting and construction.
- Ensure software is up to date on server and client machines.
- Training and assistance of internal staff for GIS inquiries
- Customize and support existing GIS applications and implement quality control procedures.
- Establishing and managing digital library of GIS data with metadata definitions.
- Creation of departmental documentation such as procedures and user guides.
- Provide support to end-users and systems staff by identifying problems with system software components
- Optimize automation procedures and suggest new tools to meet production
- Monitor technological developments and be on the lookout for development opportunities
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience
- Graduation from a University/College program with successfully completed courses in GIS
- Working knowledge of fibre networks and electrical distribution is a definite asset
- Ability to interpret complex documents (Engineered plans / as-built CAD drawings)
- Editing within geometric models in ArcMap
- Relational database design, database administration in ArcCatalog and SQL Management Studio
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Server administration
- Data entry, Excel, Access
- Experience working with python scripting is an asset
- Self-motivated worker with strong attention to accuracy and detail
Please submit a cover letter, resume, references & salary expectations by July 23rd 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
July 20, 2019