MANAGER OF ACCOUNTING
Posted On: July 31, 2019
Last Day to Apply: August 19, 2019
Essex Powerlines provides safe, reliable and economical electrical distribution and service to over 30,000 customers within the four municipalities Amherstburg, LaSalle, Leamington and Tecumseh. The foundation to empower our vision is based on a dynamic and progressive workforce that are industry leaders in providing 'best of class' business solutions in the delivery of service to our customers.
We are presently inviting applications for the Full-Time position of:
MANAGER OF ACCOUNTING
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Reporting directly to the General Manager and indirectly to the Director of Corporate Strategy, the Manager of Accounting is responsible for strategically managing the regulatory obligations of Essex Powerlines and ensuring compliance with the Ontario Energy Board (OEB) and other regulatory agencies.
Responsible for Essex Powerlines accounting functions including financial statements and related reporting; sundry receivables; reserve and trust funds; general ledger and analysis; payroll; accounts payable; financial system updating, maintenance and development; inventory control; tax accounting for corporate returns and remittances.
Monthly analysis, preparation, and submission of supporting documentation for all filings with the OEB, IESO and other regulatory organizations as prescribed.
Quarterly and yearly analysis, preparation and submission of all reports and supporting documentation for Reporting and Record Keeping Requirements (RRR) filings with the OEB; and other regulatory organizations as prescribed.
Maintain awareness and understanding of evolving regulatory policy to interpret regulatory requirements and implement regulatory codes and/or regulations.
Perform analysis of regulatory variance accounts and ensure compliance with Ontario Energy Board Accounting Procedures Handbook.
Perform all applicable OEB rate and other information filings.
Review and approve Regulatory accounting and data entry documents for processing to the accounting and management information system.
Analyze computer reports to identify out-of-balance conditions, error conditions and warning messages and make corrections to the Regulatory accounting transactions as appropriate.
Manage the continuous review and evaluation of internal regulatory accounting practices, policies, and processes to provide ongoing recommendations for continuous improvement and the development of internal regulatory audit programs.
Prepare analysis, working papers and schedules as required to complete the annual audited financial statements.
Responsible for the monitoring of the cash requirements of the corporation and making the necessary arrangements to ensure these needs are met.
Responsible for all accounts payable for the corporation ensuring payments are correct and made promptly to guarantee the corporate credit rating is maximized.
Supervise the processing of payroll for the corporation.
Prepare and process accounting transactions.
Ensures all remittances for government withholdings, federal and provincial tax and benefit plans are complete and paid according to required due dates.
Performs other related duties as required.
The Manager of Accounting will have direct supervision over the Regulatory and Finance departments within Essex Powerlines.
- Incumbent will possess a professional accounting designation (CMA, CA, CGA, CPA)
- Incumbent will have minimum 10 years accounting experience
- Relevant Regulatory accounting experience considered an asset
- Strong understanding of electrical utility billing practices, the OEB Rules & Regulations (APH) and the IESO Settlement process considered an asset
- Internal audit experience
- Ability to identify, quantify and recommend controls to manage risk
- Working knowledge of financial accounting and management reporting systems
- Experience with Dynamics GP (Great Plains) accounting software considered an asset
- IFRS and corporate tax experience considered an asset
- Willing to work independently, with minimal supervision and high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Flexible and versatile to change in duties and responsibilities as required by the organization
- Creative problem solving skills and sound professional judgement with a consultative and collaborative approach to addressing issues and opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are required along with the personality, confidence and background to work in a total team environment
Essex Powerlines Corporation offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including OMERS pension plan.
Interested applicants are invited to submit in confidence a cover letter and a detailed resume by Monday, August 19, 2019 to
*please note Manager of Accounting in subject line*
Essex Powerlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
July 31, 2019