Last Day to Apply: August 23, 2019
Grimsby Power is located in the Town of Grimsby, on the western edge of the Region of Niagara. Grimsby Power serves over 11,600 customers and is committed to providing the Town of Grimsby with an economical, safe and reliable supply of energy.
Reporting to the President & CEO, Directors and Department Heads of the utility, this position will be responsible for providing confidential administrative services. Acts as the Coordinator of Records Management functions for the utility and performs the Human Resources functions including payroll, benefit administration and corporate records management.
The successful applicant will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Two year Ontario College Diploma in Office Administration or Equivalent;
- Minimum of five years experience in a senior level administrative role;
- Exposure and experience in the electricity industry is a valued asset;
- Proven exceptional communication skills both verbal and written;
- Multi-functional skills set with a personal interest and aptitude that crosses business lines;
- Advance proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications;
- Knowledge of Ontario Business Corporation Act, Shareholder Declarations, Business Agreements, Employment Standards Act; Union Agreements and Health Plans;
- Knowledge of payroll fundamentals;
- Knowledge of accounting fundamentals;
- Knowledge of Human Resource fundamentals;
- Proven “professional” manner in carrying out all duties;
- Ability to work cooperatively and remain calm while under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Hands-on knowledge of Records Management System.
Grimsby Power is dedicated to developing a highly skilled and motivated workforce. We offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes competitive wage rates, medical and dental benefits, and a defined benefit pension plan.
Qualified applicants are invited to forward their letter of application and resume, which clearly demonstrates how they meet the requirements of the position, by Friday, August 23, 2019. Please reference “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Grimsby Power Incorporated
231 Roberts Road
Grimsby, ON L3M 5N2
A copy of the full Job Description is available on Grimsby Power’s website www.grimsbypower.com
No phone calls please. Grimsby Power is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
August 1, 2019