Director, Human Resources
Last Day to Apply: June 30, 2020
Director, Human Resources
Open to all employees
Resumes for the position of “Director, Human Resources”, ENWIN Utilities Ltd., will be received by J.P. Karam, Willis Business Law, up to and including 4:30 p.m. on June 30, 2020.
ENWIN Utilities is currently accepting applications for the position of Director, Human Resources. The Director, Human Resources is responsible and accountable for leading and managing the advancement of a variety of corporate Human Resource, Labour Relations and Health & Safety strategies and programs in support of and aligned with the corporate strategic plan. Reporting to the V.P. Customer Operations, Business Development and C.O.O., this position provides direction, advice, influence, guidance, interpretation and instruction on all Human Resource, labour relations and Health & Safety issues across the organization to human resources department staff, supervisors, managers, directors, executives and the Board/or Board Committees as required. The Director develops and maintains positive working relationships with all levels of management, ENWIN's union business partners, and employees in general, always maintaining the department's role as a strategic partner in the organization.
The successful applicant must have the following skills and abilities:
- University degree with studies in fields such as Business or Law with an emphasis on Human Resources, Health and Safety, and / or Labour Relations.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience at a mid to senior level with proficiency in all facets of Human Resources and Health and Safety program management and demonstrated overall progressively responsible career growth. Experience should include Payroll, Recruitment, Training and Development, Labour Relations, Collective Bargaining, Benefits, Compensation Management, WSIB, Wellness, Pay Equity, Job Evaluation, Succession Planning, Diversity and Inclusion, and Performance Management, Change Management and Health and Safety.
- Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) certification considered an asset.
- Proven ability to build and lead a team of HR professionals and build collaborative relationships with all stakeholders.
- Able to logically and clearly convey ideas both verbally and in written form. Able to present compelling arguments/opinions with an understanding of the audience.
- Excellent computer skills including Human Resources systems (SAP would be an asset) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience working in a unionized environment leading labour negotiations with multiple bargaining units.
- Strong knowledge and experience interpreting legislation, collective agreements, and policies.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in circumstances requiring tact, diplomacy and collaboration with internal and external parties.
Qualified applicants may submit their resume to J.P. Karam, Willis Business Law, up to and including 4:30 p.m. on June 30, 2020. Please quote File #EWU-2020-06-01 on the application.
Willis Business Law
1 Riverside Drive, West, Suite 503
Windsor, ON N9A 5K3
Resumes submitted electronically will only be accepted in MS Word or PDF format. Although all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ENWIN Utilities Ltd. provides accommodation in accordance with applicable laws through all stages of the hiring process. If you require accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please advise J.P. Karam (contact above).
June 2, 2020