Senior Regulatory Analyst-Contract (Minimum 12 Months, with possible extension)
Last Day to Apply: July 06, 2020
Brantford Power Inc.
Senior Regulatory Analyst- Contract (Minimum 12 Months, with possible extension)
Reporting to the Manager of Regulatory Affairs, the Senior Regulatory Analyst acts similarly to a “lead hand”, working with the Manager and a team of two Regulatory Analysts on Brantford Power’s reporting, compliance and rate-setting activities. In 2020 and 2021, the Regulatory Department’s key project will be the preparation of its Cost of Service distribution rate application for 2022 rates.
The Senior Regulatory Analyst will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Accounting, Business, Commerce, Economics or a related subject;
- 2 years’ relevant experience, preferably at a Local Distribution Company in a Regulatory, Finance, Settlement or Billing or related position;
- CPA designation is an asset, as well as prior audit experience.
- Direct experience working on a Cost of Service (COS) application to the OEB is preferred. Hands on experience submitting RRR reporting and other ad-hoc reporting to the OEB and other sector agencies is an asset.
- Experience with reporting from Great Plains FIS and/or North Star CIS is an asset.
- In-depth understanding of industry billing requirements (rates, customer types, etc.).
Successful candidates will have an understanding and ability to explain the majority of the concepts below:
o Deferral and Variance Accounts;
o Customer Engagement for Rate-Setting;
o OEB Scorecard;
o Load Forecasting;
o Cost Allocation/Rate Design;
o RRR Requirements;
o Variance Analysis;
o Class A ( ICI ) Program;
o Distribution System Plan;
o Rate Base and Revenue Requirement;
o RPP Settlement Process;
o Cost of Capital for Rates;
o Price Cap Inflation Rate Setting;
o Bill Impact Calculations.
Candidates may be tested during the recruitment process.
Skills and Attributes:
- Project management and organizational skills
- Resourcefulness and Problem-Solving
- Excellent analytical skills ;
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to provide instructions and feedback.
- Ability to communicate effectively and create compelling arguments/business cases.
- Ability to solicit input from internal and external stakeholders, ability to create project buy-in.
- Attention to detail.
The Senior Regulatory Analyst will:
- Provide initial guidance to the Regulatory Analysts on certain tasks as assigned;
- Be responsible for completing or coordinating statistical, financial and policy analysis as assigned;
- Act as a project lead on RRR and other forms of reporting;
- Be responsible for completing or coordinating regulatory research projects;
- Help ensure the adherence to project plans and time tables;
- Help ensure adherence to internal Quality Assurance processes;
- Identify potential risks and issues for escalation;
- Contribute suggestions for process improvements, risk mitigation, rate-setting evidence
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Qualified candidates are invited to send a detailed resume and cover letter by July 6, 2020 at 4:30 p.m., to the attention of:
Brantford Power Inc.
P.O. Box 308, 84 Market St.
Brantford, ON N3T 5N8
doc or rtf format please
Information gathered relative to this position will only be used for candidate selection.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.
June 22, 2020