Manager, Infrastructure Services
Posted On: June 30, 2020
Last Day to Apply: July 24, 2020
MANAGER, INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICES
InnPower Corporation is the local distribution company serving approximately 18,000 customers in the growing Town of Innisfil and south Barrie, located just north of Toronto near the shores of Lake Simcoe.
InnPower is looking for a strategic leader to grow with us and lead our Infrastructure Services team, consisting of Distribution Operations, Distribution Engineering and related Business Operations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, engineering design and expansion of the distribution system, addition of new services/subdivisions, supervision of employees. The successful candidate will be accountable to provide technical expertise and resolve any problems for existing and new customers within and outside the company. In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for overall maintenance and construction of the overhead and underground distribution system and stations.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure InnPower’s Distribution System Plan, regional system plans, long-term asset expansion and sustainment plans, annual resource and business plans, budgets and finances are reasonable, defensible and in alignment with corporate strategy and objectives.
- Perform a lead role in the planning and execution of grid modernization and expansion projects; develop internal design standards for construction, and develop product specifications.
- Employ prudent administration, cost control, coordination and management of all overhead and underground distribution projects and jobs to ensure financial and operational completeness and accuracy.
- Manage overhead/underground construction projects; Review and approve all overhead and underground distribution engineering designs and standards.
- Facilitate the development and enforcement of policies and procedures, exercising sound judgment when setting policies that may impact finance, safety, reliability, and customer preference.
- Support the Chief Operating Officer by participating in setting corporate and departmental goals and targets.
- Coordinate, review and seal standards, designs and drawings of new or rehab hydro installations.
- Develop, promote and encourage innovative solutions through up-to-date knowledge of new technologies and industry trends, and leverage modern systems and tools to develop advanced system engineering solutions.
- Keep current with technological changes through attending courses, seminars and conferences.
- Liaise with industry professionals, corporate customers, city/town officials, industry associations, regulators and other agencies as a key management representative of the corporation.
- Prepare annual budgets and projections for areas of responsibility and assist in the development of annual budgets for capital and maintenance projects.
- Perform the duties of the position in a safe manner, in compliance with all relevant legislation, standards and policies including but not limited to the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), the Infrastructure Health and Safety Association (IHSA) Rule Book, Utility Work Protection Code (UWPC), The Highway Traffic Act (HTA), and all InnPower policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 5 years of management experience in a Utility work environment.
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, with a P.Eng. license.
- Background in subdivision design and construction.
- Experience in systems operations, Powerline maintenance or station maintenance would be an asset.
- Knowledge of SCADA systems would be an asset.
- Knowledge and application of electrical distribution and construction principles.
- Knowledge and application of engineering, financial and business principles.
- Good knowledge of hydro distribution systems.
- Knowledge of E&USA rules for safe work practices, OHSA and UWPC (as defined above).
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft programs.
- Knowledge of Standard First Aid/CPR, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), Ontario Traffic Manual Book 7 (Temporary Traffic Conditions) and Commercial Vehicle Operators Registration (CVOR) training is considered an asset.
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to email a covering letter and resume by 4:30 p.m. Friday, July 24th, 2020 to HumanResources@innpower.ca. Please reference “20-07 Manager, Infrastructure Services” in the subject line.
June 30, 2020