Manager, Operations & Field Services
Last Day to Apply: September 19, 2020
MANAGER, OPERATIONS & FIELD SERVICES
Location: Mississauga, ON
Join the Rodan team - a great place to work in an exciting and innovative industry! That’s why we have been recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers.
Rodan Energy, a leading North American provider of distributed energy resource asset optimization, demand response services, power systems engineering, metering, and energy management information systems, delivers valuable solutions to large commercial and industrial energy users as well as power distribution and generation companies. Our expertise ensures our customers minimize their energy costs, maximize efficiencies, enhance power system reliability, and help develop a sustainable energy future.
As our Manager, Operations & Field Services, you will lead a team of highly skilled metering and electrical systems experts in delivering or supporting Rodan’s Meter Service Provider, Demand Response, and Distributed Energy Resources (DER) solutions. Your agility will allow you to resolve challenges for our clients in effective and innovative ways while always maintaining a clear culture of safety through your actions and words.
- Attract, retain, develop and lead team members in the fields of metering, data, and electrical systems
- Distribute work assignments to ensure optimal utilization of team members and contractors in resourcing projects
- Develop and/or oversee project plans and resources for equipment, installation, customer care and ongoing maintenance to ensure clients needs are met
- Provide proper training, direction, and supervision to a province-wide team of technicians
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace including work procedure documents, safety standards, training and ongoing discussions, act as co-chair of the JH&SC and compliance monitoring
- Liaise with customers, contractors and third-party service providers to communicate changes and upgrade requirements; resolve any customer issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve meter trouble reports for both IESO Wholesale and Retail clients
- Conduct annual reviews with utility clients to ensure issues are addressed and identify future work requirements
- Actively manage some key client relationships
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
- Post-secondary education in a related technical field (e.g. electrical engineering, electrical technician/technologist), or other relevant work experience. A C.E.T. or P. Eng designation is an asset.
- Background in electrical power distribution, metering, sub-metering, protection and control communications and electrical systems.
- 5+ years related work experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with staff and clients.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, including Access as well as experience with Visio, ION Enterprise and AutoCAD an asset.
- Knowledge of OHSA, EUSA and ESA regulations, Utility Work Protection Code, WHMIS and other applicable legislation.
- Certified in CPR and First Aid is an asset.
- Familiar with the latest provincial energy programs, technologies and work management systems as it relates to metering.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and balance conflicting priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional administrative skills.
- Effective leadership skills and comfortable at managing remote reports.
- A valid Class ‘G’ Ontario driver's license, driver’s insurance and an excellent driving record.
- Must have a regard for personal and public safety and demonstrated safe working habits.
- Willing to occasionally travel across the province of Ontario.
Rodan offers a highly competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please visit us at https://rodanenergy.com/job/manager-operations-field-services/
Rodan Energy is strongly committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
August 19, 2020