Supervisor, Maintenance and Reliability
Posted On: September 10, 2020
Last Day to Apply: September 24, 2020
One of life’s great opportunities is the opportunity to coach, mentor and lead a team. To pass your knowledge and wisdom on to others. To support and enable them to do their very best work and to encourage them in difficult times. And in doing so, to leave a legacy. If being a coach, mentor and leader of a team at Hydro Ottawa interests you, the Supervisor, Maintenance and Reliability is the leadership opportunity you have been preparing for, perhaps this could be your next role.
Focusing on planning for maintenance and reliability of the distribution system plant the Supervisor, Maintenance and Reliability leads the development and operation of the maintenance and inspection programs for Hydro Ottawa (distribution and stations), establishes program requirements, monitors and ensures that the reliability staff understand the program, and acts as the champion of new maintenance methodologies and technologies based on industry best practices.
The Supervisor, Maintenance and Reliability also leads the short term reliability planning and reporting, sets clear objectives to achieve defined targets and develops processes and programs which support and improve system reliability.
- Condition assessments of distribution plant and equipment
- Prepare and monitor monthly reliability reporting
- Prepare outage investigation reports based on root cause analysis
- Champion power quality and protection and control analysis
- Develop life cycle costing algorithms and determine the replacement schedule for the distribution plant
- Propose solutions to identified distribution system constraints related to reliability issues
- Review project designs and provide comments and technical support to implementation groups.
- Evaluate project options and select most optimal solution based on asset management best practices.
- Prepare conceptual designs for system improvements and support the design staff with planning inputs, assessment of options and overall reviews to ensure projects are designed as planned
- Prepare budget briefs for projects and participate in overall budget and business planning processes
- Provide input into system planning and distribution system standards
- Report on and monitor maintenance program implementation status
- Establish unit costs for maintenance of classes of assets
- Provide technical support to maintenance forces, including interpretation of inspection results, special reports, etc.
- Provide technical support to developing, updating and distributing standards for design and construction of utility infrastructure
- Developing and updating standards for materials, and approving specific products for purchase
- Evaluating new materials and equipment
- Play an active role in the development of Engineer-Interns via Hydro Ottawa’s Engineering Development Program.
- May oversee resources from third parties being used to carry out particular tasks related to distribution planning, testing or inspection
- May be required to participate on Industry Committees
- Lead special projects as required
- Perform other duties as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Professional Engineer licensed in the province of Ontario
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an electric utility engineering environment
- Project Management and System Planning experience considered an asset
- Experience with Asset Management model considered an asset
- Strong computer skills; proficient in MS Office Suite of products
- English essential, both oral and written; Bilingual (English/French) considered an asset
If this position interests you, please apply by 11:59pm the day before the job posting end date listed.
Please submit your resume by visiting our Careers page at https://hydroottawa.com/careers
This is a management group opportunity and salary will be commensurate with qualifications.
Hydro Ottawa is committed to establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.
Selected candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
September 10, 2020