Posted On: September 11, 2020
Last Day to Apply: September 30, 2020
Espanola Regional Hydro Distribution Corporation (ERHDC) aims to be the "best in the class" in energy delivery for customers located within the Towns of Espanola, Massey and Webbwood.
ERHDC is seeking a new member of the management team for the position of Supervisor, Operations located in town of Espanola, Ontario. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a diligent work ethic and someone who would flourish in a leadership role in the operations of a small organization.
The Supervisor, Operations will be primarily responsible to:
- Coordinate and manage operations, maintenance and construction of electrical distribution systems and streetlighting under the control of ERHDC through safe, efficient, and effective deployment of available resources;
- Conduct a variety of activities to deploy available staff and equipment required to maintain, operate and construct electrical distribution facilities including Stations, Metering and Line Operations;
- Provide for overall development and training of staff;
- Monitor health and safety compliance through workplace inspections and crew visits, and initiates corrective action, in conjunction with the Department Manager and the Manager, Safety & Operations Support
- Establish priorities, schedule availability of staff and ensure accurate payroll time and material reporting;
- Assess short/long term plans in order to assist in the development of annual and long-term budgets;
- Coordinate and interacts with external agencies and authorities to organize and carry out work activities;
- Procure materials and services; and
- Ensures compliance with regulations, policies and health and safety procedures and appropriate work methods.
- Post-secondary diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology or related discipline;
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in electrical distribution operations, preferably in a utility environment;
- Must hold and maintain a valid MEA or EUSA Powerline Technician Certificate or equivalent consistent with industry standards;
- Must obtain and maintain a Master Electrician Certification as recognized under Reg. 570/05 within the LDC’s required time period;
- Sound knowledge of and demonstrated experience in electrical distribution operations, maintenance and construction;
- Strong knowledge of related legislation, codes, standards and practices;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, and oral/written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment in decision making;
- Ability to motivate and lead change through the use of team leadership skills;
- Strong understanding of project management principles;
- Well-developed analytical, organizational, and technical skills;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications and work management systems;
- Ability to work for prolonged periods of time and to be on-call for after hour emergencies on a scheduled basis;
- Be available for out-of-town assignments that require overnight stays; and
- Must hold and maintain a valid Class DZ Ontario driver’s license.
How to Apply:
Resumes stating qualifications and experience will be accepted until September 30, 2020 and submitted by email to email@example.com.
Espanola Regional Hydro Distribution Corporation (ERHDC) is an equal opportunity employer.
September 11, 2020