Energy Sales Representative
Posted On: September 16, 2020
Last Day to Apply: October 02, 2020
ENERGY SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Elexicon Group Inc. (EGI) exists because the status quo in thinking about energy is no longer good enough. Imagine energy as opportunity. We do. Opportunities that make life better for our customers and communities. That builds relationships. That saves a bit more of the world.
Drawing on the best traditions of the electricity distribution companies from which it was born; EGI combines expertise and curiosity to bring creative energy solutions to life. And then we put them at the service of our customers and our community.
EGI is a subsidiary of Elexicon Corporation (formerly Veridian Connections & Whitby Hydro Electric Corporation).
THE OPPORTUNITY EGI has an opening for an experienced energy sales professional with a proven track record of success in the energy industry. This role is responsible for implementing EGI’s business development strategy in partnership with the senior management team. The role involves generating sales leads and prioritizing opportunities across Canada to help the organization achieve its long-term strategic growth targets. The energy sales representative will be responsible for growing EGI’s customer base through a variety of methods, including target marketing, competitive analysis, and providing value-added energy products, services, and recommendations. This position will provide dynamic energy solutions to stay at the forefront of technology and innovation.
- Service new accounts, obtains purchase orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing a daily work schedule to conduct sales calls on existing and potential energy clients;
- Monitor, coordinate and lead sales activities achieving agreed upon sales targets;
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential new market opportunities while identifying and managing risks;
- Support operations to maintain strategic relations with existing clients;
- Lead, assist and develop proposals with the support of internal and external resources;
- Prepares sales presentations to present to stakeholders and prospective clients;
- Recommends changes in products, services, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments to stay at the forefront of innovation;
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies;
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity-based reports, such as new opportunities, closed leads, and monthly and annual sales forecasts; through CRM tools.
- Leads/support contract negotiations
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience selling in the electricity sector with a demonstrable track record in selling Business to Business energy solutions;
- Experience in selling renewable energy projects, Energy Storage, EPC services, and/or other energy services;
- Has an established network within the senior management of commercial and industrial organizations and enterprise type customers relevant to EGI’s future business growth;
- Proven track record of generating and closing sales opportunities
- Demonstrated capability to manage the bid and negotiation process for contracts;
- Knowledgeable of the Ontario electricity market and shift to a lower-carbon economy;
- Has well-developed lead generation, negotiation and closing skills;
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal;
- Sophisticated networker and influencer;
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills;
- Proposal development skills.
- Have knowledge and experience with Microsoft CRM or similar tools.
- An individual of unquestionable integrity, modesty, and creditability who has demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior;
- High energy and passion for sales;
- Must be a self-motivated and results-driven and collaborative team player;
- Have an objective and flexible approach to decision-making with the ability to quickly identify the benefits and risks of various strategies and alternatives;
- Uses practical communication skills, influence strategies with compelling messages to inspire and motivate others;
- Patience and ability to maintain composure, effectiveness, and flexibility under pressure;
- Committed to the highest standards of professional and personal behavior.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, business or related fields is preferred.
- The position is initially based in Whitby, Ontario
Title: Energy Sales Representative Reports to: Manager of Business Development Direct reports: None
Interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 2, 2020. Please quote the position title that you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Applicants, please note that accommodations can be provided upon request. Only the candidates who meet the qualifications and experience for the position will be contacted for an interview. We thank you for your interest in Elexicon Group.
September 16, 2020