Last Day to Apply: October 24, 2020
KPC Power Electrical Ltd. is a progressive, privately-owned high-voltage electrical contractor located in Ajax, Ontario, Canada.
We specialize in high-voltage substation maintenance, construction, retrofits and wholesale energy-metering services. KPC houses all specialties internally to professionally implement all work, ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
We are dedicated to improving the reliability of each power system we work on, while dramatically reducing unwanted interruptions. Our work focuses primarily on the Utility, Industry and Institutional sectors, industries where stability and reliability of power is extremely critical.
KPC Power Electrical Ltd. is looking for a flexible team player, with a willingness to learn and to contribute to our growing business. The Project Assistant will provide vital support to the Project Management Team with various projects for large, complex and multi-site commercial electrical projects.
- Assist Project Coordinator with financial documentation including calculating charges, generating invoices and statements for billing purposes
- Support the Project Management Team in the coordination of the reporting and scheduling for the Infrared Program
- Maintain constant communication with project teams and ensure needs and requests are met responsively
- In consultation with Project Coordinator, maintain project documentation using various document management systems for monitoring annual certificate of insurance, quarterly WSIB certificates, regular follow-up on ESA for permits, and ongoing tracking of oil sampling results.
- Assist with the regular tracking of field staff hours to ensure payroll deadlines
- Work with Health & Safety Coordinator to update health and safety training and records
- Assist Project Coordinator with RFIs, RFQs, tender quotations, and other submittals and follow-ups
- Perform general office administration duties as required
- Minimum of 3 years’ of office administration experience (preferred)
- Completion of post-secondary education (or equivalent experience) in Office Administration or Project Management
- Familiarity with or experience working with commercial electrical projects, trades, or construction environment is a definite asset
- Highly proficient with MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook, experience with MS Project would be beneficial
- Previous experience preparing invoices, monthly billings, and purchase orders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organization skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated team player, with the ability to multi-task
Qualified candidates can submit their resume to: email@example.com, quoting the position title that you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
KPC is an equal opportunity employer. We invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs. Selected candidates must be legally able to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
September 24, 2020