3rd / 4th Year Apprentice Power Line Maintainer
Posted On: September 29, 2020
Last Day to Apply: October 19, 2020
3rd / 4th Year Apprentice
Power Line Maintainer
Entegrus Powerlines, a progressive company dedicated to providing the highest level of service and a positive work environment, requires a 3rd (or 4th) year Apprentice Power Line Maintainer for its Chatham location. Reporting to the Lines Supervisor – Chatham, this apprenticeship position requires both practical and theory training.
- Construction and maintenance on energized overhead distribution and/or underground distribution to 27.6 kV;
- Required to work at heights up to 35 metres and climb poles using spurs and approved fall arrest system;
- Perform live line rubber glove work on voltages up to 44 kV using a bucket truck. Perform live line rubber glove work up to 4.8 kV from a pole or bucket truck;
- Disconnection and reconnection of services at meters and other points;
- Maintain professional working relationships with internal departments, contractors and customers; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Completion of Power Line Maintainer course at an accredited Ontario College and a Grade 12 Graduation Diploma. Registered with the Ontario College of Trades and Apprenticeship as a Powerline Technician Apprentice.
- Experience: Completion of 4,000 hours of on the job apprenticeship training in a “live line” environment, as well as completion of at least the first two years of apprenticeship training sessions. Experience in the safe operation of utility equipment/vehicles, including the possession of 0-8 ton crane certification.
- Other: Must possess a valid Class DZ Driver’s Licence and an acceptable driver’s abstract. Must possess the necessary pole climbing gear and associated hand tools that meet current regulations. Must have current First Aid training, including the Life Saving module of CPR.
- Proven ability to work effectively and safely with a high regard for personal and public safety in a team setting.
- Must be physically able and willing to perform all tasks associated with work in all outdoor elements, including working both aloft and within confined spaces in a year round outdoor environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, are an asset.The successful applicant will be a self-motivated individual with the demonstrated ability to work as a team player and ensure compliance with Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations, the EUSA rulebook and company policies and procedures. This is a full-time union position based on the Collective Agreement. Current hours of work are from 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday. The successful applicant must also be available to be on call on a rotational basis throughout the year to assist with after hour emergencies as required, and will be required to arrive at the scene of the call within 60 minutes from the receipt of the call. The wage schedule will be as per the IBEW Union Collective Agreement, with progressions dependent upon satisfactory on the job performance and successful completion of the Power Line Maintainer Training and Certification.
All interested candidates should send their resume to:
Michelle Bechard, HR Generalist
The closing date for all applications is October 19, 2020. Entegrus is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain talented employees.
Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at 519-352-6300 or Michelle.Bechard@Entegrus.com. Applicant information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and will be used strictly for the purpose of candidate selection. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
September 29, 2020