Journeyman Power Line Maintainer
Posted On: September 29, 2020
Last Day to Apply: October 19, 2020
Journeyman Power Line Maintainer
Entegrus Powerlines, a progressive company dedicated to providing the highest level of service and a positive work environment, requires a Journeyman Power Line Maintainer for its Chatham location. Reporting to the Line Supervisor - Chatham, this position will build, troubleshoot and maintain the Entegrus electrical distribution system.
- Construction and maintenance on energized overhead distribution and/or underground distribution to 27.6 kV;
- Required to work at heights up to 35 metres and climb poles using spurs and approved fall arrest system;
- Perform live line rubber glove work on voltages up to 44 kV using a bucket truck. Perform live line rubber glove work up to 4.8 kV from a pole or bucket truck;
- Service duty (24 hour on call) on a rotational basis to respond to emergencies such as fires, down wires and poles and power outages;
- Disconnection and reconnection of services at meters and other points;
- Maintain professional working relationships with internal departments, contractors and customers;
- Assist in the development of skills for apprentice lines personnel, and
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Must possess an Ontario Power Line Certificate of Qualification or Red Seal certification (or equivalent) and a Grade 12 Graduation Diploma
- Experience: Minimum of 4 years of experience in the lines trade
- Other: Must possess a valid Class DZ Driver’s Licence and an acceptable driver’s abstract.
- Proven ability to work effectively and safely with a high regard for personal and public safety in a team setting
- Must be physically able and willing to perform all tasks associated with work in all outdoor elements, including working both aloft and within confined spaces in a year-round outdoor environment
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, including demonstrable written and verbal communication skills
- Must have mechanical/electrical aptitude and the ability to work with computer tools to report and analyze issues
- Ability to shift focus quickly in response to emergencies and other priorities and maintain focus on multiple tasks The successful applicant will be a self-motivated individual with the demonstrated ability to work as a team player and ensure compliance with Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations, the EUSA rulebook and company policies and procedures. This is a full-time union position based on the Collective Agreement. Current hours of work are from 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday. The successful applicant must also be available to be on call on a rotational basis throughout the year to assist with after hour emergencies as required, and will be required to arrive at the scene of the call within 60 minutes from the receipt of the call.
All interested candidates should send their resume to:
Michelle Bechard, HR Generalist
The closing date for all applications is October 19, 2020. Entegrus is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain talented employees.
Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at 519-352-6300 or Michelle.Bechard@Entegrus.com. Applicant information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and privacy legislation and will be used strictly for the purpose of candidate selection. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
September 29, 2020