Commercial Services Accounting Manager
Posted On: October 16, 2020
Last Day to Apply: October 31, 2020
Highlights of the job
We are hiring a Full-Time Permanent position working out of one of our Ontario offices!
Are you an upbeat leader that keeps organized and meets continuous deadlines? We are looking for a manager that is a change leader that can handle and respond to multiple priorities quickly and efficiently while maintaining positive relationships. As the manager, you’ll be accountable for the financial support of our Commercial Services department which will include financial analysis, reporting and regulatory support.
What you’d be responsible for
- Planning, organizing and ensuring the completion of accurate financial reporting within the timelines.
- Assisting finance-related integration activities for any of the new businesses or operations acquired.
- Developing, implementing and reviewing financial reporting and analysis processes within the team to ensure compliance to policies, standards, regulatory requirements and ensure mitigation of risks.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate completion of budgets, forecasts and the long-term plan for the department.
- Ensuring the completion of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and external audit requirements.
- Ensuring adherence to IFRS for accounting for all operations.
- Maintaining high quality internal controls which include adherence to CSOX requirements.
What’s required to be successful
- A Diploma or Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting (or Equivalent)
- Accredited Accounting Designation (CPA) is required
- 5-7+ years of progressively responsible accounting experience
- 2+ years of supervisory experience preferred
- A deep understanding of IFRS and regulatory accounting policies and practices
- Experience with regulated Natural Gas operations will be considered a significant asset
- Proven ability to apply relevant knowledge and technical skills to adhere with financial accounting practices and policies
- Advanced understanding and experience working with a larger enterprise accounting software program, such as Oracle Financials
- Strong financial and data analysis skills, and advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically in Excel for financial analysis and reporting
As our successful candidate you possess excellent analytical skills and have a proven attention to detail. We need someone that can take initiative and continuously seeks opportunities to make improves to internal processes. You take pride in contributing to the knowledge and success of your team by providing consistent, timely feedback and provide inputs to aid them with their development.
Other important facts about this job
Hours of work: 80 hours biweekly
Location: this position will work out of one of our Ontario offices: Toronto, Collingwood or Aylmer
Application deadline: October 31, 2020
Candidates can apply at: https://www.epcor.com/about/careers/Pages/job-listing.aspx?jobId=oXEIdfwg
Learn more about Working at EPCOR!
Please note the following information:
- A requirement of working for EPCOR is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some EPCOR positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.
October 16, 2020